While communication isn't an exact science, it IS possible to adjust your communication habits and behaviors to jumpstart your business interactions and relationships.
Think about the business interactions in which you engage on a regular basis. Do you communicate confidently and assertively when you:
- Propose a new idea or business solution
- Ask for cooperation or help from a business partner
- Say 'no' to a request of your time when your plate is already full
- Increase your eye contact or lean forward to let him/her know that you're fully engaged in the conversation and attentive to his/her needs
- Raise the volume of your voice (breathe from your diaphragm) to emphasize your key words and points to keep the other person engaged -- use his/her name at crucial points in the discussion when you really want to capture their attention
For more tips on how to assertively communicate in business, join me on Tuesday, March 27 for my Communicate for Impact class for women entrepreneurs at Wix Lounge in New York.